The 2 day Agile Tester Extension training course extends the broad understanding of testing acquired at ISTQB Foundation Level and covers those topics which are considered to be essential knowledge for a test professional working on agile projects.
This intensive two-day tutor-led course contains lectures, exercises and practical work and includes hands-on team-based activities to allow candidates to get a true feel for how agile projects work in the real world.
Designed for testers possessing the ISTQB Foundation Certificate, this course provides an understanding of the fundamentals of testing in Agile projects.
Attendees will gain an understanding of how Agile projects are organised, learning commonly applied Agile development practices and differentiating Agile from traditional approaches. They will recognise how testers should be positioned in an Agile organisation whilst learning fundamental Agile testing principles, practices, processes and skills needed to excel in an Agile environment.
Learn ways to estimate and organise testing in Agile projects and the application of risk-based testing on Agile projects. Gain a basic understanding of those testing tools commonly used on Agile projects.
- Testers wanting to become familiar with working in an Agile environment
- Agile testers seeking a stepping stone towards the more advanced Certified Agile Tester qualification
- Testers wanting to accredit their Agile skills for recognition among employers, clients and peers
The course includes the ISTQB Agile Tester Extension Exam which is taken on the final afternoon.
After successfully completing the course, delegates should be able to:
- Collaborate in an Agile team, being familiar with Agile principles and practices
- Adapt existing testing experience, knowledge, and best practices to Agile projects
- Support the Agile team in planning test-related activities
- Apply relevant test methods and techniques
- Assist in test automation
- Help business stakeholders define understandable and testable user stories and acceptance criteria
- Collaborate and share information with other team members
- Work effectively within an Agile team and environment
Participants must possess the ISTQB Foundation Certificate and should have a general understanding of test design, processes and terminology.
Fundamentals of Agile Software Development
Aspects of Agile Approaches
Release and Iteration
Techniques in Agile Projects
Agile Testing Processes and Methods
The Differences between Testing in Traditional and Agile Approaches
Testing and Development Activities
The Test Pyramid
Testing Quadrants, Test Levels and Testing Types
Role and Skills of a Tester in an Agile Team
Status of Testing in Agile Projects
Tools and Automation
Tools in Agile Projects
Applying Agile Testing Techniques
Role of the tester in Scrum
Functional and Non-Functional Black Box Test Design
Exploratory Testing and Agile Testing
The following specific concepts and terminology are included:
- Acceptance criteria
- Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD)
- Agile Manifesto
- Agile processes
- Agile teams
- Agile testing practices
- Agile tools
- Behaviour Driven Development (BDD)
- Burndown charts
- Configuration management
- Continuous integration
- Daily stand ups
- Exploratory testing
- Functional/non-functional black box test design
- Iteration planning
- Regression testing
- Release planning
- Session sheets
- Sprint zero
- Task board
- Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Testing pyramid
- Testing quadrants
- User stories
Exams & Certification
ISTQB Agile Tester Extension Exam
- one hour multiple choice exam
- 40 questions, with a pass mark of 65%
Virtual classrooms provide all the benefits of attending a classroom course without the need to arrange travel and accomodation. Please note that virtual courses are attended in real-time, commencing on a specified date.