This course is for PRINCE2 Practitioners who are required to take the re-registration examination in order to demonstrate their commitment to professional development, understand the latest changes in PRINCE2 and to retain their PRINCE2 Practitioner status.
The 5-day training course will provide an in-depth refresh of the updated PRINCE2 method and preparation for the Re-Registration Exam.
Focus recommends this course for individuals who have not studied or used PRINCE2 recently
The course includes
- Latest PRINCE2 Manual
- Online event preparation
- 4-days classroom training
- Course handouts
- Re-Registration Exam on the final day
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Define the characteristics and context of a project and the benefits of adopting PRINCE2
- Explain the terminology that is used within PRINCE2
- List the key roles and responsibilities that are involved in a PRINCE2 project
- Define the purpose of the seven principles that characterise a PRINCE2 project
- Understand the seven PRINCE2 themes that must be continually addressed
- Explain the purpose, objectives and context of the seven PRINCE2 processes that help structure the activities required to deliver the project successfully
- Define the purpose of a PRINCE2 management product and list its content
- Work more effectively within a PRINCE2 environment, either as a team member or in the management of the project
- Apply and tailor PRINCE2 in a scenario situation.
- Apply the method to a real project
- Apply and understand how to tailor PRINCE2 effectively to a project within an organization environment supporting PRINCE2.
- Be able to create and assess management products.
You will need to provide evidence that you have passed your original Practitioner examination to be eligible for Re-registration. Please bring your candidate number and/or certificate to your course to show the invigilator.
This course ensures that theory is embedded and delegates feel confident in the practical application of PRINCE2.
The course will cover the following syllabus areas:
Delegates are introduced to the world of projects and project management and to the overall structure of the PRINCE2 method. The benefits of adopting a formal project management method will also be outlined.
PRINCE2 operates with a universal set of principles that can be applied to every project. These seven principles provide the framework of good practice upon which PRINCE2 is based.
- Continued business justification
- Learn from Experience
- Defined Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage by stages
- Manage by exception
- Focus on Products
- Tailor to suit the project environment
The seven PRINCE2 themes are aspects of the project that must be continually addressed and linked together in order for the project to be delivered effectively.
- Business Case
The seven PRINCE2 processes define the activities that are required to direct, manage and deliver the project successfully. The following processes run from pre-project, through initiation and delivery, up to and including project closure.
- Starting up a Project
- Directing a Project
- Initiating a Project
- Controlling a Stage
- Managing Product Delivery
- Managing a Stage Boundary
- Closing a Project
Exams & Certification
The Re-registration exam follows the same format as the PRINCE2 Practitioner exam but the Question Booklet contains three questions, giving a total of 30 marks available, to be answered within one hour.
Key exam information:
- One hour long
- Open book
- 30 multiple-choice questions
- 55% pass mark (17)
The pass mark is 17 from a possible 30 marks (55%). Each question tests one of the syllabus areas.
You may prefer an online course if you are looking for a flexible and cost-effective solution. Online courses allow you to study at your own pace, at a time that suits you.
We have the following eLearning options available: