This course covers the new qualification from AXELOS which represents an extension to PRINCE2. The course is equally divided between practical exercises and theory as it examines how to use PRINCE2 in an agile context. The course ends with an exam that allows you to achieve PRINCE2 Agile Practitioner status.
The course explains to delegates how to tailor PRINCE2 to work in the best way possible in an agile context. It looks at how to blend and weave the principles, processes and themes of PRINCE2 with many of the common ways of working in an agile way. It examines how to configure PRINCE2 when in different situations and how to incorporate the agile frameworks, behaviours, concepts and techniques in the best way possible to increase the chances of successful project delivery.
As of 1st October 2016, PRINCE2 Agile can be taken if you hold any of the following certifications:
- PRINCE2 Foundation
- PRINCE2 Practitioner
- Project Management Professional® (PMP)
- Certified Associate in Project Management® (CAPM)
- IMPA Levels A,B,C and D® (Certified Projects Director)
This represents an extension of the prerequisites for PRINCE2 Agile and will initially run until 31 December 2017. Prior to this extension you could previously only study the PRINCE2 Agile Certification as a registered PRINCE2 Practitioner.
- Projects and BAU
- What is agile?
- The PRINCE2 Agile Journey
- The PRINCE2 Agile Hexagon - what to fix and what to flex
Starting Up a Project and Initiating a Project
- Assessing value, Cynefin
Requirements and User Stories
- Prioritisation (including MoSCoW)
Change (including the feedback loop)
Principles and behaviours
The Agilometer and Risk
Managing Product Delivery
- The Scrum Framework
- Plans and Progress
- Estimation, Burn charts and Information Radiators
- Work Packages
Quality (including the definition of 'Done')
Controlling a Stage and Managing a Stage Boundary
- Frequest releases and Retrospectives
Directing a Project
Closing a Project
The PRINCE2 Management Products
Rich communication (including Workshops)
Kanban and The Kanban Method
General guidance (including Project Health Check, transitioning, Project Managements hints and tips)
PRINCE2 Agile Practitioner exam
Exams & Certification
The PRINCE2 Agile Practitioner exam is a 2½ hour, open book, objective testing style exam. The exam is taken during the afternoon of the third day and you are permitted to use your PRINCE2 Agile Manual during the exam. The exam is structured using 5 questions with a total of 50 marks.
Approximately 5 hours of reading is recommended
- PRINCE2 Foundation & Practitioner
- Agile Business Analysis Foundation and Practitioner (APMG)
- Certified Agile Project Management - Foundation & Practitioner
- Certified Agile Project Management - Foundation & Practitioner Weekend
- PRINCE2 Agile Practitioner Weekend
- PRINCE2 Foundation & Agile Practitioner Certification
- PRINCE2 Re-Registration 3 days
You may prefer an online course if you are looking for a flexible and cost-effective solution. Online courses allow you to study at your own pace, at a time that suits you.
We have the following eLearning options available: