This video based course is designed by leading project management experts, is fully accredited by the BCS and provides you with a thorough understanding of the internationally recognised PRINCE2 project management methodology. It includes the PRINCE2 Practitioner exam and then takes you beyond the method by giving you additional tools and techniques to become a confident project leader. The course concludes with the PRINCE2 Practitioner Examination.
This modular video course can be streamed directly to your computer or mobile device so you can learn wherever you are. It includes:
- PRINCE2 Practitioner Exam
- PRINCE2 Practitioner - Video Based Learning
Once purchased, this video based learning is active for a 12-month period.
Fig.1 - Example Course Content
The purpose of the Practitioner qualification is to confirm whether the candidate has achieved sufficient understanding of how to apply and tailor PRINCE2 in a scenario situation. A successful Practitioner candidate should, with suitable direction, be able to start applying the method to a real project but may not be sufficiently skilled to do this appropriately for all situations. Their individual project management expertise, complexity of the project and the support provided for the use of PRINCE2 in their work environment will all be factors that impact what the Practitioner can achieve.
Fig.2 - Easy access to supporting documents and exam prep materials
PRINCE2 is aimed at project managers and aspiring project managers. It is also relevant to other key staff involved in the design, development and delivery of projects, including: Project Board members (e.g. Senior Responsible Owners), Team Managers (e.g. Product Delivery Managers), Project Assurance (e.g. Business Change Analysts), Project Support (e.g. Project and Programme Office personnel) and operational line managers/staff.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the relationships between the roles, management products, principles, themes, techniques and processes
- Be able to apply the principles, themes and processes to a project
- Be able to create and assess management products
- Delivered by fully accredited trainers and industry leading experts with extensive experience of using PRINCE2, the course ensures that you feel confident in the practical application of PRINCE2.
The course will cover the following syllabus areas:
Overview, Principles and Tailoring PRINCE2 to the Project Environment
- Difference between embedding and tailoring PRINCE2
The 7 PRINCE2 Principles
- Continued Business Justification
- Focus on Products
- Defined Roles and Responsibilities
- Learn from Experience
- Tailor to Suit the Project Environment
The 7 PRINCE2 Processes
- Starting up a Project
- Initiating a Project
- Directing a Project
- Controlling a Stage
- Managing Product Delivery
- Managing a Stage Boundary
- Closing a Project
The 7 PRINCE2 Themes
- Business Case
- Quality (including the PRINCE2 Quality Review Technique)
- Plans (including the PRINCE2 Product-Based Planning Technique)
You need to have passed the PRINCE2 Foundation Exam prior to taking the Practitioner Exam.
As part of the video based learning you are entitled to a ProctorU examination voucher. ProctorU is a live online proctoring service for test takers taking exams remotely. ProctorU exams require photographic identification at the time of taking your exam, this can be in the form of a passport, driving licence or a work ID, which would need to include your name and a photograph.
To test your PC/Laptop specifications please visit: http://www.proctoru.com/testitout/
Access to ProctorU FAQs can also be found at: https://www.proctoru.com/faq.php