This eLearning course, including exam, provides delegates with a thorough understanding of the PRINCE2 project management methodology. During the course we introduce the roles, principles, themes and processes that form the structure of PRINCE2. We also explain the various PRINCE2 management products that will help delegates deliver projects in a coordinated, consistent and transparent manner.
- Prince2 Practitioner eLearning
- Prince2 Practitioner Exam
Throughout the course, our PRINCE2 experts help delegates (via email) understand the benefits of adopting the PRINCE2 methodology.
Note: The exam can be taken at various locations across the UK. Delegates need to have passed the PRINCE2 Foundation Exam prior to taking the Practitioner Exam. Delegates will need to provide their own copy of the core text: 'Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2'
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Define the characteristics and context of a project and the benefits of adopting PRINCE2
- Explain the terminology that is used within PRINCE2
- List the key roles and responsibilities that are involved in a PRINCE2 project
- Define the purpose of the seven principles that characterise a PRINCE2 project
- Understand the seven PRINCE2 themes that must be continually addressed
- Explain the purpose, objectives and context of the seven PRINCE2 processes that help structure the activities required to deliver the project successfully
- Define the purpose of a PRINCE2 management product and list its content
- Work more effectively within a PRINCE2 environment, either as a team member or in the management of the project
- Apply and tailor PRINCE2 in a scenario situation.
- Apply the method to a real project
- Apply and understand how to tailor PRINCE2 effectively to a project within an organization environment supporting PRINCE2.
- Be able to create and assess management products.
The PRINCE2 Practitioner course uses case-studies and accelerated-learning techniques to ensure that theory is embedded and delegates feel confident in the practical application of PRINCE2. In conjunction with the pre-course reading, the course will cover the following syllabus areas:
Delegates are introduced to the world of projects and project management and to the overall structure of the PRINCE2 method. The benefits of adopting a formal project management method will also be outlined.
PRINCE2 operates with a universal set of principles that can be applied to every project. These seven principles provide the framework of good practice upon which PRINCE2 is based.
- Continued business justification
- Learn from experience
- Defined roles and responsibilities
- Manage by stages
- Manage by exception
- Focus on products
- Tailor to suit the project environment
- PRINCE2 Themes
The seven PRINCE2 themes are aspects of the project that must be continually addressed and linked together in order for the project to be delivered effectively.
- Business Case
- PRINCE2 Processes
The seven PRINCE2 processes define the activities that are required to direct, manage and deliver the project successfully. The following processes run from pre-project, through initiation and delivery, up to and including project closure.
- Starting up a Project
- Directing a Project
- Initiating a Project
- Controlling a Stage
- Managing Product Delivery
- Managing a Stage Boundary
- Closing a Project
- PRINCE2 Practitioner Examination
Key exam information:
- Two and a half hours long
- Open book
- 80 multiple-choice questions
- 55% pass mark (44)
Throughout the PRINCE2 Practitioner course, delegates will be exposed to numerous examples of examination questions. We will undertake a number of exercises and 'question-and-answer' sessions that will help to consolidate the learning, thereby ensuring that delegates are more than adequately prepared for the final examination.
- PRINCE2 Foundation & Practitioner Online (Classroom Exam)
- PRINCE2 Foundation Online (Classroom Exam)