This video based course provides delegates with a thorough understanding of the PRINCE2 project management methodology and the benefits of adopting it. During the course we introduce the roles, principles, themes and processes that form the structure of PRINCE2. We also explain the various PRINCE2 management products that will help delegates deliver projects in a coordinated, consistent and transparent manner. All relevant course materials are provided, including the core textbook 'Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2'. The course concludes with the PRINCE2 Foundation Examination.
This modular video course can be streamed directly to your computer or mobile device so you can learn wherever you are. It includes
- PRINCE2 (R) Manual 2009 Edition
- PRINCE2 Foundation Exam
- PRINCE2 Foundation - Video Based Learning
Once purchased, this video based learning is active for a 12-month period.
Example Course Content
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Define the characteristics and context of a project and the benefits of adopting PRINCE2
- Explain the terminology that is used within PRINCE2
- List the key roles and responsibilities that are involved in a PRINCE2 project
- Define the purpose of the seven principles that characterise a PRINCE2 project
- Understand the seven PRINCE2 themes that must be continually addressed
- Explain the purpose, objectives and context of the seven PRINCE2 processes that help structure the activities required to deliver the project successfully
- Define the purpose of a PRINCE2 management product and list its content
- Work more effectively within a PRINCE2 environment, either as a team member or in the management of the project
Interactive Quizzes, Sample Exam Papers & Reading Assignments
The PRINCE2 Foundation course uses multimedia case-studies and accelerated-learning techniques to ensure that theory is embedded and delegates feel confident in the practical application of PRINCE2. Additional work will be required in the form of consolidation reading and mock examination questions. This work is an integral part of the course and delegates should expect to spend approximately two hours on these activities.
The course will cover the following syllabus areas:
Delegates are introduced to the world of projects and project management and to the overall structure of the PRINCE2 method. The benefits of adopting a formal project management method will also be outlined.
PRINCE2 operates with a universal set of principles that can be applied to every project. These seven principles provide the framework of good practice upon which PRINCE2 is based.
- Continued business justification
- Learn from Experience
- Defined Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage by stages
- Manage by exception
- Focus on Products
- Tailor to suit the project environment
The seven PRINCE2 themes are aspects of the project that must be continually addressed and linked together in order for the project to be delivered effectively.
- Business Case
The seven PRINCE2 processes define the activities that are required to direct, manage and deliver the project successfully. The following processes run from pre-project, through initiation and delivery, up to and including project closure.
- Starting up a Project
- Directing a Project
- Initiating a Project
- Controlling a Stage
- Managing Product Delivery
- Managing a Stage Boundary
- Closing a Project
As part of the video based learning you are entitled to a ProctorU examination voucher. ProctorU is a live online proctoring service for test takers taking exams remotely. ProctorU exams require photographic identification at the time of taking your exam, this can be in the form of a passport, driving licence or a work ID, which would need to include your name and a photograph.
To test your PC/Laptop specifications please visit: http://www.proctoru.com/testitout/
Access to ProctorU FAQs can also be found at: https://www.proctoru.com/faq.php