This blended eLearning and 3-day classroom-based course provides delegates with a thorough understanding of the PRINCE2 project management methodology. During the course we introduce the roles, principles, themes and processes that form the structure of PRINCE2.
All relevant course materials are provided, including the core textbook 'Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2', and 'PRINCE2 Pocketbook'. Prior to attending the classroom course, delegates will need to have passed the PRINCE2 Foundation exam (which can be taken online by ProctorU or at a classroom location - contact us for details) .
The course concludes with the PRINCE2 Practitioner Examination.
This course Includes:
- PRINCE2 Foundation Online course & 3 Day PRINCE2 Practitioner classroom course
- Foundation & Practitioner Exams
- Course Materials
This package is for selected dates and locations only for the 3 day practitioner course. A Focus advisor will work with you to arrange a suitable schedule.
Once purchased, the eLearning, associated exam, and classroom course is active for a 12-month period only, you are required to have taken your exam and sat your classroom course within this timeframe.
You can browse upcoming dates for the practitioner element below:
- Define the characteristics and context of a project and the benefits of adopting PRINCE2
- Explain the terminology that is used within PRINCE2
- List the key roles and responsibilities that are involved in a PRINCE2 project
- Define the purpose of the seven principles that characterise a PRINCE2 project
- Understand the seven PRINCE2 themes that must be continually addressed
- Explain the purpose, objectives and context of the seven PRINCE2 processes that help structure the activities required to deliver the project successfully
- Define the purpose of a PRINCE2 management product and list its content
- Work more effectively within a PRINCE2 environment, either as a team member or in the management of the project
- Apply and tailor PRINCE2 in a scenario situation.
- Apply the method to a real project
- Apply and understand how to tailor PRINCE2 effectively to a project within an organization environment supporting PRINCE2.
- Be able to create and assess management products.
No prerequisites are necessary for attendance, although delegates would benefit from some experience of working in projects prior to attempting the PRINCE2 Foundation eLearning material.
The eLearning is expected to take approximately eight to ten hours to complete, with some additional reading (although delegates may wish to spend longer on this activity to help them prepare more effectively).
During classroom activities, additional evening work will be required in the form of consolidation reading and mock examination questions. The evening work is an integral part of the course and delegates should expect to spend approximately two hours on these activities.
The course will cover the following syllabus areas:
Delegates are introduced to the world of projects and project management and to the overall structure of the PRINCE2 method. The benefits of adopting a formal project management method will also be outlined.
PRINCE2 operates with a universal set of principles that can be applied to every project. These seven principles provide the framework of good practice upon which PRINCE2 is based.
- Continued business justification
- Learn from experience
- Defined roles and responsibilities
- Manage by stages
- Manage by exception
- Focus on products
- Tailor to suit the project environment
The seven PRINCE2 themes are aspects of the project that must be continually addressed and linked together in order for the project to be delivered effectively.
- Business Case
The seven PRINCE2 processes define the activities that are required to direct, manage and deliver the project successfully. The following processes run from pre-project, through initiation and delivery, up to and including project closure.
- Starting up a Project
- Directing a Project
- Initiating a Project
- Controlling a Stage
- Managing Product Delivery
- Managing a Stage Boundary
- Closing a Project
PRINCE2 Foundation Examination
Key exam information:
- One hour long
- Closed book
- 75 multiple-choice questions (5 questions are not marked)
- 50% pass mark (35)
PRINCE2 Practitioner Examination
Key exam information:
- Two and a half hours long
- Open book
- 80 multiple-choice questions
- 55% pass mark (44)
Throughout both the eLearning modules and the classroom activities, delegates will be exposed to numerous examples of examination questions. We will undertake a number of exercises and 'question-and-answer' sessions that will help to consolidate the learning, thereby ensuring that delegates are more than adequately prepared for the PRINCE2 Foundation examination and the PRINCE2 Practitioner examination.