This eLearning course provides delegates with a thorough understanding of the PRINCE2 project management methodology. During the course we introduce the roles, principles, themes and processes that form the structure of PRINCE2. We also explain the various PRINCE2 management products that will help delegates deliver projects in a coordinated, consistent and transparent manner.
All relevant course materials are provided, including the core textbook 'Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2', and 'PRINCE2 Pocketbook'.
- Foundation eLearning
- 12 Months eLearning Course Access
- PRINCE2 Foundation Exam (Online via ProctorU)
- Textbook 'Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2'
Throughout the course, our PRINCE2 experts are available (via email) to help delegates understand the benefits of adopting the PRINCE2 methodology.
Booking your Exam
When you are ready to sit your exam, you can request your exam voucher and will be provided with instructions on how to book via ProctorU. Using this remote proctoring service affords you the convenience of taking your exam at a location and time most suitable to you. Use the links below for more information and technical specifications:
- Define the characteristics and context of a project and the benefits of adopting PRINCE2
- Explain the terminology that is used within PRINCE2
- List the key roles and responsibilities that are involved in a PRINCE2 project
- Define the purpose of the seven principles that characterise a PRINCE2 project
- Understand the seven PRINCE2 themes that must be continually addressed
- Explain the purpose, objectives and context of the seven PRINCE2 processes that help structure the activities required to deliver the project successfully
- Define the purpose of a PRINCE2 management product and list its content
- Work more effectively within a PRINCE2 environment, either as a team member or in the management of the project
The PRINCE2 Foundation course uses multimedia case-studies and accelerated-learning techniques to ensure that theory is embedded and delegates feel confident in the practical application of PRINCE2.
The course will cover the following syllabus areas:
- PRINCE2 Overview
Delegates are introduced to the world of projects and project management and to the overall structure of the PRINCE2 method. The benefits of adopting a formal project management method will also be outlined.
- PRINCE2 Principles
PRINCE2 operates with a universal set of principles that can be applied to every project. These seven principles provide the framework of good practice upon which PRINCE2 is based.
- Continued business justification
- Learn from experience
- Defined roles and responsibilities
- Manage by stages
- Manage by exception
- Focus on products
- Tailor to suit the project environment
- PRINCE2 Themes
The seven PRINCE2 themes are aspects of the project that must be continually addressed and linked together in order for the project to be delivered effectively.
- Business Case
- PRINCE2 Processes
The seven PRINCE2 processes define the activities that are required to direct, manage and deliver the project successfully. The following processes run from pre-project, through initiation and delivery, up to and including project closure.
- Starting up a Project
- Directing a Project
- Initiating a Project
- Controlling a Stage
- Managing Product Delivery
- Managing a Stage Boundary
- Closing a Project
- PRINCE2 Foundation Examination
Key exam information:
- One hour long
- Closed book
- 75 multiple-choice questions (5 questions are not marked)
- 50% pass mark (35)
Throughout the PRINCE2 Foundation course, delegates will be exposed to numerous examples of examination questions. Delegates will undertake a number of exercises and 'question-and-answer' sessions relating to a case study that will help to consolidate the learning, thereby ensuring that delegates are more than adequately prepared for the final examination. Delegates will have access to a PRINCE2 expert throughout the duration of the course via email