This accredited course will fully prepare you for the Foundation Certificate in Commercial Awareness from the British Computer Society (BCS).
[This is the updated course previously known as ISEB Organisational Context]
The exam voucher is included within the course price.
- Fully interactive course structure enables you to learn at your own pace
- Comprehensive and detailed course content
- Written by experienced BCS examiners
- Questions on all sections of the course allow you to regularly reinforce your learning
- Recorded tests at the end of each module let you compare your results in your online gradebook
- Access to further online reading on each module of the course to strengthen knowledge
- Advice, hints and tips on learning and how best to prepare for the exam
- Assistance from experienced tutors if required
Who is it for?
Those seeking a broader understanding of their organisation and the business domain within which their work takes place. Users are introduced to the various financial, commercial and organisational issues which impact on their role. This foundation course represents one of four modules for the BCS Business Analysis Diploma so is ideal for those looking to progress to the more specialist BCS courses.
None - though awareness of projects and IT would be helpful.
How long does the course take to complete?
The course lasts approximately 21 hours.
You will have unlimited access to the course for 40 days.
How do I complete the exam?
The exam voucher is included allowing you to sit the exam at your local Pearson Vue examination venue.
What format is the exam?
The examination lasts one hour and consists of 40 multiple-choice questions. It's a 'closed book' examination i.e. no notes or books are allowed into the examination room. The pass mark is 26/40.
What does the online course cover?
The balance sheet
The income and expenditure statement (profit and loss account)
The cash flow statement
Financial ratio analysis
Budgeting, costing and pricing
Budgets and departmental businesses
Cash flow and cash management
Costing and pricing
Evaluating a financial case
The purpose of building a financial case
Techniques for evaluating a financial case:
Payback / breakeven
Discounted cash flow / net present value (DCF/NPV)
Internal rate of return (IRR)
Market analysis and competitive advantage
Analysing the business domain
Analysing the product / service portfolio
Delivering business value
Organisational behaviour and culture
What is organisational behaviour?
Organisational effectiveness and the balanced business scorecard
Understanding and analysing culture
Working in groups
Groups and group dynamics
Formal and informal groups
Types of jobs
Line, staff and functional responsibilities
Formalisation of rules and procedures
Centralisation and decentralisation
Organisation structures and their characteristics
- BCS Business Analysis Diploma Online (inc. Exams)
- BCS Business Analysis Practice Online (inc. Exam)
- BCS Modelling Business Processes Online (inc. Exam)
- BCS Requirements Engineering Online (inc. Exam)