Business Analysts are increasingly required to extend themselves beyond their traditional role of developing and maintaining IT systems. They need the capability to understand the business strategy, use proven techniques to analyse the business area, and identify changes to business processes needed to meet internal and external challenges.
This course develops the skills needed to work with senior business and IT staff to analyse and model business activities. Delegates will learn how to investigate business problems, and how to identify and recommend appropriate creative solutions. At the end of the course delegates may sit an examination to attain the BCS Business Systems Development Certificate in Business Analysis Practice.
This course includes the BCS Certificate in Business Analysis Practice exam.
This package includes:
- Video learning
Once purchased, this video based learning is active for a 12-month period.
Please note that the exam is taken at a test centre – contact us for details.
Typical Video Course Content
- Describe how a business strategy is developed
- Use strategic analysis techniques
- Describe the need for project discipline
- Explain techniques to investigate an organisation's business systems
- Describe an approach to improving business systems
- Explain the importance of stakeholder management and use a stakeholder analysis technique
- Use techniques for the analysis and modelling of business systems
- Describe how recommendations for business improvement may be identified
- Describe the contents of a rigorous business case for the development and implementation of business changes
- Identify costs, benefits, impacts and risks for an option in a business case
Video comprises of 15 Units • 30 Modules • 3hrs of study plus additional time for exercises and case studies
Business Analysis Rationale: Course Overview; Business Analysis Context; Analysing Business Systems and Processes
Understanding the Strategic Context: Business Strategy; Strategy Analysis Tools; How the Tools Relate
Project Discipline: Analyst Involvement in Projects
Analysing and Modelling Stakeholders and Business Activities: Investigating and Representing the Situation; Stakeholder Analysis and Management; Representing Perspectives; Business Activity Modelling
Solutions and the Business Case: Identifying Potential Solutions; Communicating Requirements; Business Case Structure; Business Case Components