This eLearning course provides you with comprehensive, self-paced training to prepare you for the APMP examination, aligned to the 6th Edition of the APM Body of Knowledge, without the additional cost and time requirements associated with attending a traditional classroom based event.
Written by professional project management trainers with industry leading expertise, and extensive experience of using both PRINCE2® and the APM approach, this is an immersive series of modules which combines tutorials, exercises and practice of essay type examination questions. Delegates will also have the opportunity to explore some topics in more depth using embedded 'Knowledge Nuggets'.
Once purchased, the eLearning is active for a 12-month period.
This package includes:
- APMP for PRINCE2 Practitioners elearning
- Examination (classroom-based)
The attainment of accreditations offered by professional bodies such as the Association for Project Management (APM) is increasingly seen as a recognised indicator of competence in project management. APM qualifications are aligned to the International Project Management Association (IPMA) competency levels. The APMP qualification is knowledge based and recognised as IPMA Level D.
This course will enable you to:
- Appreciate all 10 learning outcomes and 47 assessment criteria of the APM syllabus for this course
- Get to grips with the specific examination language
- Learn strategies and tactics for approaching the examination
- Practice exam style questions, with topic specific mini quizzes, module level tests and Mock examination
This course is suitable for both project managers and aspiring project managers, who have attained PRINCE2 Practitioner accreditation within the last five years (i.e. are a 'Registered PRINCE2 Practitioner'). It is aimed at people who have some experience of working in a project environment and have a basic understanding of project management issues.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand how organisations and projects are structured.
- Understand project life cycles.
- Understand the context and environments in which projects can be delivered.
- Understand governance of project management, and the use of structured methodologies.
- Understand communication within project management.
- Understand the principles of leadership and teamwork.
- Understand planning for success.
- Understand project scope management.
- Understand schedule and resource management.
- Understand project procurement.
- Understand risk management and issue management.
- Understand project quality management.
- Be prepared to take the APMP for PRINCE2 Practitioners exam.
The APM Project Management Qualification for PRINCE2® Practitioners eLearning follows the syllabus provided by APM, which is built around the APM Body of Knowledge 6th edition. The course provides delegates with a detailed understanding of the underpinning tools, techniques and principles that are fundamental to successful project delivery.
Module One: Course Introduction
Course overview and instructions
Module Two: Project Structure and Governance
Structure of Organisations; Infrastructure (Project Office); Project Life Cycle; Environment and Operations Management; Programme and Portfolio Management; Project Management and Governance
Module Three: Communication and Team Leadership
Effective Communication; Conflict Resolution; Negotiation Skills; Leadership Success; Teamwork Dynamics
Module Four: Planning
Information Management; Estimating; Stakeholder Management; Law; Health and Safety
Module Five: Scheduling
Scope Management; Requirements Management; Time Scheduling
Module Six: Resource Management
Resource Management & Scheduling; Budgeting & Cost Control; Earned Value Management
Module Seven: Procurement
Contract; Procurement; Provider Selection and Management
Module Eight: Preparing for the APMP for PRINCE2 Practitioners Examination
Examination Guidance; Types of Questions; Exam Hints and Tips
Recommended study period for this eLearning is approximately 22.5 hours
At the end of each of the topics, a short mini-quiz is provided to test your learning. Answer the questions and review the answers provided. Sample questions are provided on completion of each of the Modules to test your understanding of the topics in the module.
When you have completed all core modules sample APMP papers are included for you to practice writing APMP style essay questions. These should be used to prepare for the actual exam, observing the time available for each question, and to identify any outstanding areas of weakness. Re-do the eLearning for any area you are still not comfortable /confident with and remember, tutor support is available.
This eLearning product includes as classroom-based examination:
The APMP for PRINCE2 Practitioners examination will be booked at a centre at a time and place convenient to you. Contact us for details of venues.