The most comprehensive ethical hacking course in the world
Ethical hacking or penetration testing refers to the exploitation of an IT system with the permission of its owner in order to determine its vulnerabilities. It results in recommendations for preventive and corrective countermeasures to mitigate the risk of cyber attacks.
A certified ethical hacker is a skilled professional who understands and knows how to look for weaknesses and vulnerabilities in target systems, and uses the same knowledge and tools as those used by malicious hackers. Launched in 2003 by the EC-Council, the Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) certification is globally recognised as the vendor-neutral qualification of choice for developing a senior career in penetration testing and digital forensics.
Delivered by an approved EC-Council trainer and experienced penetration tester, this five-day classroom training course features:
Practical hands-on training which introduces the five essential testing phases: reconnaissance, gaining access, enumeration, maintaining access and avoiding detection.
Complete coverage of the CEH syllabus, which covers over 270 commonly used attack technologies and software tools, and demonstrates how they can be used in real-life scenarios.
Access to the EC-Council iLabs, which allows students to practise their skills in a safe and fully functional network at any time. This consists of a host of Virtual Machines preconfigured with vulnerabilities, exploits, tools, and scripts.
Unique post-course support with online access to EC-Council iLabs for a period of 6 months.
Who should attend this course?
The Certified Ethical Hacker training course will significantly benefit security officers, auditors, security professionals, site administrators and anyone who is concerned about the integrity of network infrastructure. It is an ideal first qualification for building a career as a penetration testing or digital forensics professional.
Owing to the intensive nature of this course, delegates may need to attend the class up to 18.30 each day. Delegates will be told the approximate finish time by the instructor. Delegates will also be expected to undertake self-study work in the evenings during the course.
The course includes:
- Professional training venue with lunch and refreshments.
- Comprehensive documentation.
- Certified Ethical Hacker (ANSI) exam voucher
- 6-months access to EC-Council iLabs.
- Certificate of attendance.
This fully accredited, practitioner-led training course equips you to plan and perform ethical hacking (penetration testing). Achieve an industry-recognised qualification in just one week.
Delegates are expected to have a minimum of two years’ working experience of IT networks and systems. While there are no prerequisite qualifications, Microsoft MCSE or CCNA equivalent knowledge is highly recommended.
As the course offers a number of practical labs for hands on practice, delegates are required to bring their personal electronic device to the course. Laptops are recommended as tablets cannot support full functionality and access to the online labs and exercises. Further details and advance information will be provided prior to attendance on the course.
- Types of penetration testing, security audit, vulnerability assessment and testing roadmap.
- Footprinting, footprinting tools and countermeasures.
- Network scanning techniques and countermeasures.
- Enumeration techniques and countermeasures.
- System hacking methodology, steganography, steganalysis attacks and covering tracks.
- Trojans, Trojan analysis and Trojan countermeasures.
- Viruses, virus analysis, computer worms, malware analysis procedure and countermeasures.
- Packet-sniffing techniques and how to defend against sniffing.
- Social engineering techniques, identify theft and countermeasures.
- DoS/DDoS attack techniques, botnets and attack tools.
- Session hijacking techniques and countermeasures.
- Types of web server and web application attacks, attack methodology and countermeasures.
- SQL injection attacks and injection detection tools.
- Wireless encryption, wireless hacking methodology and wireless hacking tools.
- Mobile platform attack vectors, Android vulnerabilities, jailbreaking iOS, Windows 8 mobile vulnerabilities, mobile security guidelines, and tools.
- Firewall, IDS and honeypot evasion techniques, evasion tools and countermeasures.
- Cloud computing concepts, threats, attacks, security techniques and tools.
- Cryptography ciphers, public key infrastructure (PKI), cryptography attacks and cryptanalysis tools.
London - 120 Moorgate
120 Moorgate is located in the heart of the City of London’s Square Mile a few yards from Moorgate underground
station and 5 minutes walk from Liverpool Street mainline railway station.
Moorgate Station (Northern, Metropolitan, Circle, Hammersmith and City lines).
Moorgate has 4 exits, one on either side of Moorgate road and one either side of Moorfields road, which runs parallel
to Moorgate. Once on the main Moorgate road you will need to head north towards Old Street. 120 Moorgate is on
the corner of Moorgate and South Place, just before Barclays Bank.
By Main Line Rail
Liverpool Street (Central, Metropolitan, Circle, Hammersmith and City Lines). Follow directions as above.
From Bank Station take Prince Street and turn right onto Moorgate. The entrance to 120 Moorgate is a few hundred yards up the road (just before Barclays Bank).
By London Cycle Scheme
There are 3 “Boris Bike” docking stations within minutes of 120 Moorgate situated on Fore Street, Moorfields and London Wall.
120 Moorgate is served by a number of bus routes along Moorgate including 21, 43, 76, 100, 133, 153, 205.
There are two NCP car parks within close proximity of 120 Moorgate - one is located in Paul Street and the second is located in Finsbury Square.
All delegates are provided with an exam voucher that allows then to sit the Certified Ethical Hacker (312-50 VUE) examination at any Pearson VUE exam centre in the UK after the course. This exam consists of 125 multiple choice questions which be must completed in a 4-hour time period. Please note that the cost of the exam voucher is included the purchase price of the course.