The four-day Certified EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Practitioner classroom course is focused on enabling delegates to fulfil the role of data protection officer (DPO) under the GDPR, and covers the regulation in depth, including implementation requirements, the necessary policies and processes, as well as important elements of effective data security management.
Delivered by an experienced data protection consultant, the course is built on the foundations of our extensive practical experience gained advising on implementing compliance with data privacy laws and related information security standards such as ISO 27001.
The course also supports professional development: delegates who pass the included exam are awarded the ISO 17024-accredited EU GDPR Practitioner (EU GDPR P) qualification by IBITGQ.
Who should attend this course?
- Managers who are already involved in data protection with either an information security or data protection background.
- Privacy professionals who wish to develop their knowledge in the field of data protection with a professional qualification.
The training course includes:
- Lunch and refreshments.
- Full course materials (digital copy provided as PDF file).
- Certificate of attendance.
- The EU GDPR P (IBITGQ) examination.
This training course will provide delegates with detailed knowledge of the GDPR and its various provisions, offering practical implementation advice and guidance on the more technical aspects of data security.
Delivered by experts in the fields of data protection legislation and information security, the course combines practical application with theory to provide a solid grounding for real-world implementation.
Successful completion of the course demonstrates to employers that the candidate possesses essential knowledge of the GDPR, and a sound understanding of the practical implications and applications.
For those with little or no knowledge of the GDPR, attendance of the EU GDPR Foundation training course is recommended. In addition it is compulsory for delegates to have passed the Foundation course before attending the practitioner course.
What will you learn?
- Setting up a privacy compliance framework
- The role of the DPO
- Common data security failures, consequences and lessons to be learnt
- GDPR privacy principles
- Data privacy impact assessments
- Developing a risk management framework
- Data mapping
- The rights of data subjects
- Consent rules
- Subject access requests
- The roles of and relationships between controllers and processors
- Dealing with third parties and data in the Cloud
- Demonstrating compliance with the GDPR
- Data breach reporting requirements
- Range of enforcement, regulatory and compensatory aspects of the GDPR