Designed for students with little or no previous NetScaler experience, this course is best suited for individuals who will be deploying or managing NetScaler environments. The primary objective of the Citrix NetScaler Traffic Management course is to provide the foundational concepts and skills necessary to implement, configure, secure, monitor, optimize, and troubleshoot a Citrix NetScaler system for application delivery. To reinforce learning objectives in this course students will work through exercises such as configure advanced load balancing and GSLB on a NetScaler, customize the NetScaler for traffic flow and content-specific requirements, and employ recommended tools and techniques to troubleshoot common NetScaler issues within a virtual lab environment. The content is based on version 11 of the Citrix NetScaler product, but the skills and fundamental concepts learned are common to earlier product versions.
Students interested in learning how to implement and manage the advanced NetScaler features using leading practices. Specifically Administrators, Implementers / Engineers and Architects
- Identify the functionality and capabilities of the NetScaler
- Explain basic NetScaler network architecture
- Obtain, install, and manage NetScaler licenses
- Explain how SSL is used to secure the NetScaler
- Optimize the NetScaler system for traffic handling and management
- Customize the NetScaler system for traffic flow and content-specific requirements
- Employ recommended tools and techniques to troubleshoot common NetScaler network and connectivity issues
- Implement NetScaler TriScale technology, including clustering
- Configure advanced load balancing and GSLB on the NetScaler system
- Identify the functionality and characteristics of the NetScaler SDX platform
- Basic Networking
- Windows and Linux Server administration
- TCP/IP, HTTP protocols and the OSI model
- Server load balancing and content switching concepts
- Web server software
- DNS, SSL and compression concepts
- Network security threats and site protection concepts
- Part 1: NetScaler Essentials (Days 1-3)
- Learn the skills required to implement NetScaler components including secure Load Balancing, High Availability, and NetScaler Management. At the end of the course students will be able to configure their NetScaler environments to address traffic delivery and management requirements including load balancing, availability, and NetScaler operation management.
- Part 2: NetScaler Traffic Management (Days 4-5)
- Learn the skills required to configure and manage NetScaler Traffic Management features, including Content Switching, Traffic Optimization, and Global Server Load Balancing. At the end of the course students will be able to configure their NetScaler environments to address efficient traffic switching and resilience requirements including content switching, traffic optimization, and disaster recovery.
London - Bank
The centre is set in the heart of the city, approximately a ten minute walk from Bank and Liverpool Street tube stations.
The centre is open between 08:30 and 17:30 on working days. The Reception is situated on the lower ground. All floors are accessible via lift.
Most courses begin at 09:30 on the first morning. Please register with the customer services team at Reception on the lower ground floor. To maintain building security and comply with health and safety legislation, delegates will be asked to sign in on a daily basis.
A map of local food outlets will be given to delegates. Lunch arrangements for any delegates with disabilities can be organised with the customer service team at Reception. Refreshments are provided during breaks and consist of a selection of hot drinks and biscuits.
Internet café computers are available in the delegate area.
Liverpool Street Railway Station (10 minutes)
The nearest railway station is Liverpool Street. Take exit 2 for Old Broad Street. Cross over the junction. Keeping Tower 42 on your left hand side, the Global Knowledge building is approximately 50 yards on your right. Enter Global Knowledge through revolving doors.
Bank Tube Station (5 minutes)
The nearest station is Bank. Take exit 2 for Threadneedle Street. At the junction branch left into Old Broad Street, walk past 125 Old Broad Street (Old Stock Exchange). The Global Knowledge building is on the left hand side. Enter Global Knowledge through revolving doors.
The nearest railway station is Liverpool Street. Take exit 2 for Old Broad Street. Cross over the junction. Keeping Tower 42 on your left hand side, the Azlan Old Broad Street building is approximately 50 yards on your right.
The nearest station is Bank. Take exit 2 for Threadneedle Street. At the junction branch left into Old Broad Street, walk past the Stock Exchange. The building is on the left hand side.
Enter through revolving doors.
CNS-220 will prepare students for Exam 351, The requirement for the Citrix Certified Professional – Networking (CCP-N) certification