This course covers the certification by APMG and the DSDM Consortium that has been created to sit alongside PRINCE2® as an approach to project management. The course is equally divided between the theory of the new wave of agile project management and the practical experience of the techniques and disciplines involved. Delegates will receive a copy of the Agile Project Management handbook and will sit the Foundation and Practitioner exams during the course.
Who will the course benefit?
The course is aimed at Project Managers who are either adding to their knowledge of traditional approaches such as PRINCE2® or who are operating in an agile environment and need to be able to run projects in more complex and scalable situations.
To give delegates a practical understanding of Agile Project Management which is based on the internationally recognised framework of DSDM Atern. This will enable delegates to become immediately productive as a project manager in an agile project environment. To highlight the difference between simple lightweight agile approaches which typically operate at the solution delivery (or ‘work package’) level and the greater holistic view of how multiple work streams are co-ordinated with the appropriate level of governance and control. The course will also prepare delegates for the Foundation and Practitioner exams.
There are no pre-requisites but the course assumes that delegates will have some knowledge and experience of project management or software development.
This two+two day course covers the AgilePM Foundation syllabus, including the following topics:
- The Fundamentals and the Philosophy
- The Principles
- The Lifecycle and Products
- Team structures
- Roles and Responsibilities
- MoSCoW and Timeboxing
- Lifecycle Configuration
- Estimation and Measurement
- Quality and Maintainability
- Planning, Control and Risk
- Implementing Agile Project Management
- Agile PM Foundation Exam
- Agile PM Practitioner Exam
London - New London House
This venue is subject to change. Please confirm venue location before you book.
Located in the heart of the City of London, the office space is close to London Lloyd’s Building and four minutes’ walk from St Mary’s Axe, also known as the ‘Gherkin’. This part of the City and nearby Leadenhall is home to major insurance and financial services companies, and walking distance from famous institutions such as the Bank of England and the Royal Exchange. The office space is located conveniently close to many amenities, including public transport. It is close to two train/Underground stations (Tower Hill and Fenchurch Street, serving commuters from Southend, Shoeburyness and other stations in Essex) and lies 55 minutes from London City Airport. The City of London, known as the Square Mile, is the beating heart of financial services in the UK. It is home to nearly 2,480 financial and insurance enterprises.
See more at: http://www.regus.co.uk/locations/office-space/london-fenchurch-street-station#sthash.kPelPIZz.dpuf
New London House
6 London Street
From London Paddington Station
- Head southeast on London St toward Winsland Mews.
- Take the 2nd left onto Praed St/A4205.
- Turn right onto A5.
- Entering toll zone in 0.4 mi at Stourcliffe St.
- Leaving toll zone in 0.4 mi at Upper Berkeley St.
- Turn left onto Marble Arch.
- Slight right onto Oxford St.
- Continue onto Park Ln .
- Entering toll zone in 0.2 mi at Culross St.
- Leaving toll zone in 0.2 mi at Upper Grosvenor St
- Entering toll zone in 0.5 mi. Leaving toll zone in 0.5 mi.
- Turn left onto Piccadilly.
- Take the 1st right onto Duke of Wellington Pl.
- Slight left onto Constitution Hill. Entering toll zone.
- Turn left onto The Mall.
- At the roundabout, take the 3rd exit onto Northumberland Ave/A400
- Turn left onto Victoria Embankment/A3211.
- Continue to follow A3211.
- Leaving toll zone in 0.9 m.
- Turn left onto Puddle Dock. Entering toll zone
- Turn right onto Queen Victoria St
- Turn right onto Cannon St.
- Slight right onto King William St.
- Continue onto Eastcheap/A1213.
- Continue to follow A1213.
- Turn right onto Fenchurch St
- Turn right onto Fenchurch Pl.
- Fenchurch Pl turns slightly right and becomes London St.
- Destination will be on the left
- LONDON City Airport is approx 55mins away
By Public Transport:
- Nearest train stations are Towerhill and Fenchurch Street. Buses149, 344, 35, 40, 47, 48, N35
Foundation exam at the end of day 2
Practitioner preparation and exam on day 4
Agile PM Foundation Exam: is a 40 minute, closed book, multiple choice format exam of 50 questions. The pass mark is 50% (25/50).
Agile PM Practitioner Exam: is a two and a half hour, open book (restricted to official v2 handbook), objective type exam format comprising 4 main questions worth 20 marks each. The pass mark at practitoner level is also 50% (40/80).
Delegates must hold the AgilePM Foundation certificate OR the DSDM Atern Foundation certificate in order to take the Practitioner exam.