The Practitioner Certificate in Information Risk Management (PCIRM) provides security practitioners with a comprehensive and highly practical course enabling them to develop a business focused information security and governance risk strategy. It closely follows the approaches recommended in the ISO 17799, ISO 27001 and BS 7799-3 standards. The five-day course prepares delegates to confidently sit the BCS/ISEB Practitioner Certificate in Information Risk Management examination.
- Information security and governance practitioners
- Internal IT auditors
- staff from within compliance and operational risk functions
- IT managers and senior staff
- Project managers and others responsible for designing security in to information systems.
On completion of this course delegates will be able to:
- develop an information risk management strategy
- conduct threat vulnerability and likelihood assessments, business impact analyses and risk assessments
- explain how the management of information risk will bring about significant business benefits
- explain and make full use of information risk management terminology
- explain the principles of controls and risk treatment
- present results of the risk assessment in a format which will form the basis of a risk treatment plan
- explain and produce information classification schemes
- confidently sit the ISEB examination
Candidates should ideally have one to two years' experience in information security and are looking to get increasingly involved in the risk management process within their organization. An awareness of information security standards such as ISO 17799, and ISO 27001 would be beneficial, as would attendance on the Certificate in Information Security Management Principles course.
• The concepts and framework of information risk management
• Information risk management fundamentals
• Establishing an information risk management programme
• Risk identification
• Risk assessment
• Risk treatment
• Monitor and review
London - Ealing
Nearby hotels include:
- Travelodge London Ealing, 77 Uxbridge Road, Ealing, London W5 5SJ
40 Uxbridge Road
The nearest station is Ealing Broadway. On leaving the station walk left on The Broadway, at the traffic lights turn right continuing west on The Broadway.
At the next set of lights continue straight on (this is the start of the Uxbridge Road) and the offices can be found on the right.
Train lines: Central line, Piccadilly line, Heathrow Express & British Rail
83, 207, 427, E2, E7, E8, E11, N11 and N207
Stop “P” – Ealing Police Station
Stop “U” – St Leonards Road
- 10 minutes to Paddington by train
- 18 minutes to Heathrow Terminal 1 by train
- 22 minutes to the West End by tube
- 15 minutes drive to the M4, A40/M, M1 and M25
- 5 bus routes servicing the area with buses passing every 3.5 minutes
This is a two hour closed book written exam, comprising of two sections. The first section will contain open questions based on a scenario. The second section will consist of 10 multiple choice questions covering the core areas of the syllabus. Candidates will need to achieve a pass mark of 65% in both sections in order to pass the exam.
The BCS Examination is sat on the final day of the course.