The Association for Project Management (APM) is the UK's leading professional body for Project Managers and the largest independent professional body of its kind in Europe. It has over 15,000 individual and 400 corporate members throughout the UK and abroad. Risk management is a distinct and specific area within the APM Body of Knowledge (BoK) and a key control function within any project or programme.
Professional Risk Management is a key competence for project-based organisations. This event gives project and risk managers the opportunity to gain recognition as an experienced risk practitioner. This course prepares candidates for the APM's Level 2 Certificate in Risk Management and presents the opportunity to sit the exam. The exam syllabus is primarily based on the APM BoK, the APM PRAM Guide, and BS6079 Parts 1 & 3.
By the end of the event, delegates will:
- understand the application of the essential principles of project risk management
- apply the principles in a case study scenario
- prepare sufficiently to sit the APM Risk Certificate Level 2 exam
- Ideally delegates should have experience of the application of risk management in projects and /or have achieved the APM Risk Certificate Level 1 qualification.
- This course is suitable for Project and Programme managers who are involved in project risk management and who have a good understanding of project management and a basic understanding of the fundamental concepts of project risk management.
- The risk management process
- Define and focus
- Risk identification
- Qualitative risk analysis
- Risk planning, assessment and reporting
- Quantitative risk analysis
- Advanced risk modelling
- Human and cultural dimension in risk management
- Implementation issues
- APM Risk Certificate Level 2 exam
London - International House
1 St Katharines Way
International House is a premier training centre located close to Tower Bridge, between St Katharine Dock and the Tower of London.
The nearest car park is the NCP at Whitechapel High Street.
- London Fenchurch Street Rail – 12 minute walk
- London Cannon Rail – 20 minute walk
- London Bridge Rail – 25 minute walk
- Tower Gate Way - 8 minute walk
- Tower Hill – 10 minute walk
- Aldgate - 15 minutes walk
- Aldgate East – 17 minute walk
- Monument – 18 minute walk
- Bank - 22 minute walk
- London Bridge Underground – 25 Minute walk
Routes 42, 78 and RV1 use the Tower of London stop (TL) on St. Katharine’s Way, just outside International House.
Delegates will be provided with pre-course reading prior to attending the course. The success on the course will be enhanced by close attention to the pre-reading materials. It is recommended that candidates spend 10 hours working through the pre-reading.
The APM Level 2 Certificate in Risk Management exmaination is included in this course
The examination takes place at 13.30 on day two of the course.
The exam lasts three and a quarter hours in which you must answer three questions. One is compulsory; you then have a choice of 2 further questions from a choice of 4.