The ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management course provides comprehensive first-level training for anyone involved in provision, support, and delivery of IT Services.
If you are new to ITIL and IT Service Management, then taking your ITIL Foundation training with us now gives all this:
This course is aimed at all levels of IT professionals, Customers, and Users involved in the provision or receipt of IT Services.
The latest version of ITIL (IT Infrastructure Library) provides a detailed set of best practice for IT Service Management. This foundation course introduces ITIL as a whole - in the context of the service lifecycle.
ITIL embodies practices deployed by the world's most successful organisations to optimise their IT services. This Foundation course will introduce key ITIL processes including Service Level Management, Service Continuity, Configuration Management, Release Management, Incident and Problem Management.
The ITIL Foundation Certificate exam is taken on the final day of the course.
The course will enable delegates to:
- Explain the concept of Service Management
- Explain the objectives and business value for each phase of the Service Lifecycle
- Define key ITIL terminology
- Understand how key ITIL processes contribute to the Service Lifecycle
- Explain the role, objectives, organisational structures, staffing and metrics of the Service Desk function
- Account for the range of Service Management roles
- List generic requirements for a set of Service Management technologies and understand how service automation assists with integrating Service Management processes
There are no compulsory pre-requisites though a basic awareness of IT services is assumed.
- Service Management as a Practice
- The Service Lifecycle
- Key Principles and Models
- Generic Concepts
- Technology and Architecture
- ITIL Qualification Scheme
The course covers the fundamentals of the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) core volumes which provide an end-to-end view of IT and its integration with business strategy. Those core volumes are: Service Strategy, Service Design, Service Transition, Service Operation, Continual Service Improvement
The course is comprised of lecture sessions, hands on exercises which reinforce the knowledge gained and practice examinations. Those delegates taking the certificate exam on the final day will need to plan to spend 90-120 minutes each evening on revision and example examination questions.
Birmingham - Hill Street
- Easy access from main travel routes
- Spacious, comfortable air-conditioned classrooms
- Drinks and snacks available
- Internet access
- Choice of hotels and accommodation available nearby
- Compliance with Disability Discrimination Act (DDA) building access requirements.
Centre City Tower
5-7 Hill Street
This Birmingham Training Centre is situated in the centre of Birmingham, close to New Street Station and Shopping Centre. The entrance is on Hill Street.
Travelling by Rail:
From Birmingham New Street Train Station:
From New Street Station turn right into Smallbrook Queensway and take the second right into Hill Street. The offices are on the right.
Travelling by Car:
Parking - A number of NCP car parks are within easy walking distance.
From M1/M6 North and South/M40 and M42 - Leave the M6 at Junction 6 onto the A38(M) Aston Expressway signposted Birmingham Central. Follow signs for City Centre until end of motorway then keep right onto flyover - signposted A38 Bromsgrove. Continue following A38 Bromsgrove signs under two underpasses. Take exit onto Suffolk Street (past the Alexandra Theatre) to Holloway Head island. Take first exit onto Smallbrook Queensway signposted Stratford A34 and Solihull A41. After 100m, immediately after the Holiday Inn, take the first left at traffic lights into Hill Street. Centre City Tower is on the right
From M5 - Leave motorway at Junction 3. Take third exit (A456) signposted City Centre. Follow City Centre signs for five miles along the Hagley Road to Five Ways. Keep left (ignore City Centre underpass sign and follow Other Routes) up to Five Ways Roundabout. Take third exit signposted Inner Ring Road South and East and New Street Station. Bear left onto B4127, following signs for New Street Station, past sports ground to first roundabout (Holloway Circus). Go straight over roundabout onto Smallbrook Queensway. After 100m, immediately after the Holiday Inn, lights into Hill Street. Centre City Tower is on the right.
ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management Pre-Course Reading:
- Delegates will be provided with pre-course reading prior to attending the course by email. Success on the course will be enhanced by close attention to the pre-reading materials. It is recommended that delegates spend 2 hours working through the pre-reading.
- If you have not received your pre-reading material within one week of the start of your course, please contact us
The course culminates in a one-hour multiple-choice examination for the Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management and is a pre-requisite for the further training in ITIL that leads to the ITIL Expert Certificate in IT Service Management. The exam is multi-choice. There are 40 questions to be completed in 60 minutes. The pass mark is 26 correct answers from 40 (65%). This course also provides 21 Hours of Contact Education/Professional Development Units towards PMI PMP certification / re certification.
This course comes with Exam insurance.
You must notify Focus within seven days of failing your exam, and the retake must be taken within three months of the original course.
Your one exam re-take should be taken on a scheduled exam re-sit date.
If there is not an exam-only day scheduled at a convenient location or we cannot accommodate you within the agreed timescales, we will endeavour to issue you a voucher to take the exam at a third party test centre, or book you on to re-join us at a later date on a scheduled public course.