The ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management course provides comprehensive first-level training for anyone involved in provision, support, and delivery of IT Services.
If you are new to ITIL and IT Service Management, then taking your ITIL Foundation training with us now gives all this:
This course is aimed at all levels of IT professionals, Customers, and Users involved in the provision or receipt of IT Services.
The latest version of ITIL (IT Infrastructure Library) provides a detailed set of best practice for IT Service Management. This foundation course introduces ITIL as a whole - in the context of the service lifecycle.
ITIL embodies practices deployed by the world's most successful organisations to optimise their IT services. This Foundation course will introduce key ITIL processes including Service Level Management, Service Continuity, Configuration Management, Release Management, Incident and Problem Management.
The ITIL Foundation Certificate exam is taken on the final day of the course.
The course will enable delegates to:
- Explain the concept of Service Management
- Explain the objectives and business value for each phase of the Service Lifecycle
- Define key ITIL terminology
- Understand how key ITIL processes contribute to the Service Lifecycle
- Explain the role, objectives, organisational structures, staffing and metrics of the Service Desk function
- Account for the range of Service Management roles
- List generic requirements for a set of Service Management technologies and understand how service automation assists with integrating Service Management processes
There are no compulsory pre-requisites though a basic awareness of IT services is assumed.
- Service Management as a Practice
- The Service Lifecycle
- Key Principles and Models
- Generic Concepts
- Technology and Architecture
- ITIL Qualification Scheme
The course covers the fundamentals of the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) core volumes which provide an end-to-end view of IT and its integration with business strategy. Those core volumes are: Service Strategy, Service Design, Service Transition, Service Operation, Continual Service Improvement
The course is comprised of lecture sessions, hands on exercises which reinforce the knowledge gained and practice examinations. Those delegates taking the certificate exam on the final day will need to plan to spend 90-120 minutes each evening on revision and example examination questions.
Liverpool - Holiday Inn
Accessible by M58, M57 & M62 motorway network. Follow signs towards Liverpool City Centre. As you approach the City follow route to Lime Street Train Station & St Johns Shopping Centre.
Hotel is located opposite Lime Street Station and next to St Johns Shopping Centre.
Using Sat Nav, enter Skelhorne Street (L3) as your access route. Holiday Inn & parking is opposite the end of Skelhorne Street.
It couldn’t be easier.... Holiday Inn Liverpool City Centre is located directly opposite the front of Lime Street Train Station.
Flights into John Lennon (Liverpool) Airport. Transportation to the Holiday Inn can be made by bus (#500) or taxi.
ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management Pre-Course Reading:
- Delegates will be provided with pre-course reading prior to attending the course by email. Success on the course will be enhanced by close attention to the pre-reading materials. It is recommended that delegates spend 2 hours working through the pre-reading.
- If you have not received your pre-reading material within one week of the start of your course, please contact us
The course culminates in a one-hour multiple-choice examination for the Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management and is a pre-requisite for the further training in ITIL that leads to the ITIL Expert Certificate in IT Service Management. The exam is multi-choice. There are 40 questions to be completed in 60 minutes. The pass mark is 26 correct answers from 40 (65%). This course also provides 21 Hours of Contact Education/Professional Development Units towards PMI PMP certification / re certification.
This course comes with Exam insurance.
You must notify Focus within seven days of failing your exam, and the retake must be taken within three months of the original course.
Your one exam re-take should be taken on a scheduled exam re-sit date.
If there is not an exam-only day scheduled at a convenient location or we cannot accommodate you within the agreed timescales, we will endeavour to issue you a voucher to take the exam at a third party test centre, or book you on to re-join us at a later date on a scheduled public course.