A thorough, practical, 5 day course designed to provide the knowledge and skills required to manage information security, information assurance or information risk based processes. The CISMP course is aligned with the latest national information assurance frameworks (IAMM), as well as ISO/IEC 27002 & 27001; the code of practice and standard for information security. This course is a CESG Certified Training (CCT) course.
The course follows the latest BCS syllabus and prepares delegates for the 2 hour multiple choice BCS examination which is sat on the afternoon of the last day of the course.
This qualification provides delegates with detailed knowledge of the concepts relating to information security; (confidentiality, integrity, availability, vulnerability, threats, risks and countermeasures), along with an understanding of current legislation and regulations which impact information security management. Award holders will be able to apply the practical principles covered throughout the course ensuring normal business processes become robust and more secure.
Although perceived as an IT issue, Information Security is in fact a subject relevant to all business units. The CiSMP program is ideal for members of information security management teams, IT Managers, security and systems managers, Information asset owners and employees with legal compliance responsibilities.
The course will act as a stepping stone to more advanced qualifications (either managerial or technical), and also sits nicely with existing project management and service management based programs.
- The need for Information Security
- Information Security Management System (ISMS) concepts & definitions
- Information risk management
- Corporate governance
- Organisational responsibilities
- Policies, standards & procedures
- ISO/IEC 27002, 27001 & 13335
- Information security controls
- Incident management
- Legal framework - personal data, DPA, CMA, IPR & copyright, HR & employment issues
- Cryptographic models
- Data Communications & networks
- Physical security
- Auditing & gap analysis
- Training & raising awareness
- Business continuity
- Security investigations & forensics
London - International House
1 St Katharines Way
International House is a premier training centre located close to Tower Bridge, between St Katharine Dock and the Tower of London.
The nearest car park is the NCP at Whitechapel High Street.
- London Fenchurch Street Rail – 12 minute walk
- London Cannon Rail – 20 minute walk
- London Bridge Rail – 25 minute walk
- Tower Gate Way - 8 minute walk
- Tower Hill – 10 minute walk
- Aldgate - 15 minutes walk
- Aldgate East – 17 minute walk
- Monument – 18 minute walk
- Bank - 22 minute walk
- London Bridge Underground – 25 Minute walk
Routes 42, 78 and RV1 use the Tower of London stop (TL) on St. Katharine’s Way, just outside International House.
Certified to deliver this training course at CCT Awareness level, and delivers the IISP core skills:
- A1, A2, A3, A5, A6, B1, B2, C1, C2, D1, D2, E1, E2, F1 and G1
- If you are taking a BCS exam you must bring photographic identification with you (passport, driving license or student card), as it is a BCS requirement to produce it for the invigilator prior to the exam. Failure to produce a valid form of photographic identification will result in a candidate not being able to sit the exam.