This course is designed for administrators who will be managing the Hortonworks Data Platform (HDP) 2.3 with Ambari. It covers installation, configuration, and other typical cluster maintenance tasks.
IT administrators and operators responsible for installing, configuring and supporting an HDP 2.3 deployment in a Linux environment using Ambari.
Attendees should be familiar with Hadoop and Linux environments.
This course is for you if you administer a Hadoop cluster already, or if you may need to in the near future. It is also for you if you need to understand the workings of the Hadoop cluster architecture at a technical level. You might be in a systems administrator role, database administrator role or a role involving infrastructure support. You might have many years' experience or you might be at the beginning of your technical career. Programming and scripting knowledge would be a bonus, but is not required. Some experience of Linux usage would be an advantage.
Please note: Hortonworks courses are delivered using electronic courseware. for delegates attending remotely (Virtual classes or Attend from Anywhere) you must ensure that you have dual monitors or a single monitor plus tablet device. Dual monitors are required in order to allow you to view labs and lab instructions on separate screens.
- Summarize and enterprise environment including Big Data, Hadoop and the Hortonworks Data Platform (HDP)
- Install HDP
- Manage Ambari Users and Groups
- Manage Hadoop Services
- Use HDFS Storage
- Manage HDFS Storage
- Configure HDFS Storage
- Configure HDFS Transparent Data Encryption
- Configure the YARN Resource Manager
- Submit YARN Jobs
- Configure the YARN Capacity Scheduler
- Add and Remove Cluster Nodes
- Configure HDFS and YARN Rack Awareness
- Configure HDFS and YARN High Availability
- Monitor a Cluster
- Protect a Cluster with Backups
- Introduction to the Lab Environment
- Performing an Interactive Ambari HDP Cluster Installation
- Configuring Ambari Users and Groups
- Managing Hadoop Services
- Using HDFS Files and Directories
- Using WebHDFS
- Configuring HDFS ACLs
- Managing HDFS
- Managing HDFS Quotas
- Configuring HDFS Transparent Data Encryption
- Configuring and Managing YARN
- Non-Ambari YARN Management
- Configuring YARN Failure Sensitivity, Work Preserving Restarts, and Log Aggregation Settings
- Submitting YARN Jobs
- Configuring Different Workload Types
- Configuring User and Groups for YARN Labs
- Configuring YARN Resource Behavior and Queues User, Group and Fine-Tuned Resource Management
- Adding Worker Nodes
- Configuring Rack Awareness
- Configuring HDFS High Availability
- Configuring YARN High Availability
- Configuring and Managing Ambari Alerts
- Configuring and Managing HDFS Snapshots
- Using Distributed Copy (DistCP)
Virtual classrooms provide all the benefits of attending a classroom course without the need to arrange travel and accomodation. Please note that virtual courses are attended in real-time, commencing on a specified date.