The BCS Foundation Certificate in Business Change course is designed for anyone involved in or affected by change initiatives required to deliver business benefit. These initiatives are likely to include the implementation of revised business processes and/or IT systems.
The 3 day course is available in London, Birmingham, Leeds, Edinburgh and venues across the UK.
The Foundation in Business Change training course provides an introduction to the business change lifecycle and to a range of techniques used in the development of business changes that are enabled by information technology.
Key topics covered are:
- Business improvement and business change design
- Business change implementation
- Benefits management
- Business/IT alignment
The Foundation in Business Change course offers an approach that extends from the initial investigation of the organisation through the business change lifecycle to the implementation of the proposed changes. The course provides an overview of the underlying concepts and techniques that will support successful change projects.
This certificate is suitable either for those wishing to subsequently pursue the individual topic areas in more detail, or those from other disciplines, including business domains, who require an understanding of the subject.
The Certificate counts towards the Business Analysis Diploma as one of the available knowledge based options.
Bundle Offer BCS Business Analysis Diploma Bundles from £1,995 - More Details
Candidates who pass this qualification will be able to demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of the underlying principles and philosophies of Business Change, including those that relate to business and IS strategy, business improvement definition, designing and implementing business change, and business management.
They should also have an appreciation of the key techniques that can be employed to support the business change life-cycle. The syllabus reflects general and well-established best practice for business change work.
Business and IT Alignment
Objective: To understand the importance of aligning the organisation with external and internal influences and the approaches to do this.
- The external and internal business environments for organisations
- Organisational cultures
- National cultures
- The implications of culture for business change projects
- Corporate and IT governance and the relevance to benefits management and risk management
- Elements of an Enterprise Architecture
Business Improvement Definition
Objective: to understand the business analysis approach and techniques used to identify business improvements.
- Investigating the business situation: rationale and techniques
- Holistic approach and systems thinking
- Gap analysis: purpose and approach
- Business requirements elicitation and approach
- The contents of the business case
- Stakeholder responsibilities and the business case
- The business case lifecycle
- Programme definition
Business Change Design
Objective: to design the inter-related elements required to implement successful business change.
- Aspects of organisational change
- Aspects of people change
- Aspects of process change
- Information analysis and modelling
- Aspects of information technology
Business Change Implementation
Objective: to understand the processes that should be employed to deploy business change effectively.
- Planning the acquisition, deployment and acceptance
- Acquiring the solution
- Deploying the solution
- Ensuring acceptance
- Reviewing the change
Benefits Management and Realisation
Objective: to manage the classification, review and realisation of benefits.
- Benefits Measurement in the business change lifecycle
- Classifying benefits
- Investment appraisal techniques
- Benefits and the Balanced Business Scorecard, CSFs and KPIs
- Roles and responsibilities in benefits management
- The purpose, conduct and outcomes of a benefit review
- Benefits realisation: purpose and challenges.
Exams & Certification
This course prepares participants for the BCS Foundation in Business Change examination, which is held on the final day of the course.
The exam is a one-hour, closed book, multiple choice paper.
You may prefer an online course if you are looking for a flexible and cost-effective solution. Online courses allow you to study at your own pace, at a time that suits you.
We have the following eLearning options available:
This BCS Foundation Certificate in Business Change is designed for anyone involved in or affected by initiatives required to deliver business change. These initiatives are likely to include the implementation of revised business processes, benefits management, business modelling techniques and/or IT systems.Course Info