This course enables delegates to complete the BCS Requirements Engineering and Modelling Business Processes course modules and written examinations in 5 consecutive days of training.
These are two of the four modules which you need to achieve the valuable BCS Business Analysis Diploma.
Requirements Engineering (RE)
Requirements Engineering presents a range of key techniques for discovering, analysing and documenting business and system requirements and places these within the context of our own ADAPT framework for requirements engineering. The emphasis of the course is very much on providing participants with ‘hands on’ experience of actually using the techniques as they work through a realistic case study scenario. A comprehensive course manual supports the course and also provides a valuable ‘how to’ reference guide for participants to use in their day-to-day work.
Modelling Business Processes (MBP)
Modelling Business Processes offers practical, proven techniques for modelling, analysing and improving business processes. An hierarchic approach is taken to process improvement. This approach analyses and models three levels of business process and also examines important related issues such as human performance and process measurement. Theoretical concepts are supported by a detailed case study which gives the opportunity for participants to apply their knowledge to both AS-IS and TO-BE process models.
Bundle Offer BCS Business Analysis Diploma Bundles from £1,995 - More Details
No results for
BCS Requirements Engineering & Modelling Business Process Fast Track
Please contact Focus on 0845 450 6120
Complete two BCS Business Analysis Diploma course modules and written examinations in just one week.
- Describe the roles and responsibilities of key stakeholders in the requirements engineering process
- Demonstrate the application of a range requirements elicitation techniques
- Explain the use of requirements elicitation techniques and the relevance of the techniques to given situations
- Document and prioritise user requirements for an information system
- Identify problems with requirements and explain how requirements documentation may be improved
- Create a process/function model of requirements for an information system
- Interpret a model of the data requirements for an information system
- Explain the importance of linking project objectives and requirements to the Business Case
- Describe the principles of Requirements Management and explain the importance of managing requirements
- Describe the use of CASE tools to support Requirements Engineering
- Explain the principles of Requirements Validation and define an approach to validating requirements
Modelling Business Processes:
- Identify and model core business processes at an organisational level
- Model business processes at an operational level
- Analyse activities within business processes
- Analyse managerial and performance aspects of activities and processes
- Evaluate and re-design business processes
- Use the process model to identify IT system development opportunities.
See the individual course outlines for full details of each module:
Exams & Certification
The exams for these courses are included.
For each module there is a one hour, written exam, based on a business scenario. The pass mark for these written exams is 50%.
Both modules count towards the BCS Business Analysis Diploma. RE is a one of the compulsory modules. MBP is a "Practitioner" option.