This 5 day, 1 week intensive course equips you with all the core skills needed to be a practising business analyst.
Obtain the 2 mandatory BCS certificates, Business Analysis Practice (BAP) and Requirements Engineering, required for the BCS Business Analysis Diploma. To complete the diploma you need to pass two more certificates plus the Oral Exam.
Expect a fast-paced intense course - up to 2 hours homework is needed most days. Delegates are sent pre-reading before course start to familiarise themselves. It combines two 3 day courses into a 5 day course through some syllabus overlaps and through longish days (normally 9 – 5.30pm)
Normally the BAP exam is taken at 6pm on Tuesday or 8am Wednesday . The RE exam would be taken about 3.30pm Friday.
All exam fees, course materials, refreshments and lunches are included in the course price. We also provide the BCS book "Business Analysis". We send you this in advance and provide directed pre-reading
- develop a business IT strategy
- identify key performance indicators
- model business activities
- perform gap analysis
- identify business improvements
- manage project stakeholders
- propose potential IT projects
- identify costs and benefits for IT projects
- develop a business case
- define project scope and vision
- discover requirements
- conduct elicitation interviews
- run workshops with stakeholders
- analyse and document requirements
- model with UML use case and class diagrams
- validate requirements
- manage changing requirements
None - though it is recommended that those with no prior knowledge of Business Analysis choose the Business Analysis Foundation course.
Business Analysis Practice
Leading to the practitioner-level BCS certificate in Business Analysis Practice, this course equips delegates with more than just a qualification – delegates learn real-world business skills that are easily applicable in the workplace.
Designed to introduce, develop and deepen your understanding of business analysis, this course combines theory and practice by first teaching key principles and then learning to applying them using case studies and collaborative tasks.
Experienced lecturers will support you every step of the way, ensuring that you learn useful skills to help you in your professional life and that you pass the BCS exam to achieve your qualification.
You will learn how to
- Develop a business IT strategy
- Identify key performance indicators
- Understand stakeholder perspectives
- Model business activities
- Perform gap analysis
- Identify business improvements
- Manage project stakeholders
- Propose useful IT projects
- Identify costs and benefits for IT projects
Requirements Engineering gives delegates a solid grounding in a range of techniques for revealing, analysing and documenting business and system requirements, in addition to gaining a BCS accreditation that is highly regarded by prestigious UK employers.
You will learn how to
- Define project scope and vision
- Discover requirements
- Conduct elicitation interviews
- Run workshops with stakeholders
- Analyse requirements
- Document functional and non-functional requirements
- Model with UML use case diagrams
- Interpret UML class diagrams
- Validate requirements
- Manage changing requirements
Exams & Certification
This course includes examinations for the BCS Certificate in Requirements Engineering and Business Analysis Practice.