Organisations are continually looking for ways to develop the skills in their staff in the fastest and most cost-effective way - and to be assured of a return on their investment in training by seeing their staff acquire qualifications which are recognised as being highly relevant to their role in the organisation.
This unique, highly practical and intensive two week (10 days) course will equip delegates with little or no previous experience with the full range of knowledge and skills needed to take on the role of a Business Analyst. During the course, delegates will have the opportunity to sit the four written examinations which are needed for the BCS diploma in Business Analysis. Delegates may take the final oral examination a minimum of six weeks after passing the final written exam. The oral examination must be taken within 12 months of receiving the final written exam result.
All examinations and examination fees are included in the course fee. We are confident that the quality of the training and coaching provided by the trainers during this courses is second to none and that most candidates will pass examinations at the first attempt. In the event of a delegate failing a written examination, they will have the opportunity to retake one examination free of charge.
This course includes:
- 4 x BCS Diploma Course Modules
- 4 x BCS Exams
- 1 x Final BCS Oral Exam (worth £300)
- 1 x Free Module Exam Resit (if required - T&C's apply)
- Course Materials
- Expert Tuition
Accommodation is included from arrival Monday to departure Friday for both weeks. The Friday, Saturday and Sunday evenings in between the course weeks are available at an additional charge.
THIS IS AN INTENSIVE 10 DAY RESIDENTIAL COURSE
Delegates should expect some evening work each day comprising of case study exercises and revision for examinations.
Non residential Fast Track courses are available in London each month
Upon course completion successful delegates will:
- Understand the role of the Business Analyst and the organisational context in which the role is undertaken
- Work with senior business and IT staff to investigate, analyse and model business activities and problems and recommend appropriate solutions
- Understand the requirements engineering process and work with requirements stakeholders and others to ensure requirements are complete, unambiguous, realistic and testable
- Construct a static structure model, a process model, a simple dynamic event driven model and a simple user interface model
- Sit all of the examinations required to gain the BCS Business Analysis Diploma
There are no prerequisites for attending this course.
This course is designed for anyone wishing to acquire the knowledge and skills needed to be a Business Analyst and/or acquire the BCS diploma in Business Analysis.
The course content will cover that associated with each of the following BCS qualifications:
- Business Analysis Practice
- Requirements Engineering
- Commercial Awareness or Business Change (see outline for specific date)
- Modelling Business Processes
- Evaluating a Financial Case
- Budgeting, Costing and Pricing
- Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Market analysis and competitive advantage
- Organisational behaviour and culture
- Group formation
- Principles of organisational structureOperating models
- Business Analysis rationale
- Understanding the strategic context
- Project discipline for Business Analysis studies
- Understanding the situation/issues
- Analysing stakeholder perspectives
- Analysing and modelling business activities
- Identifying potential solutions
- Making the business case
- Context for Business Process Modelling
- Organisational model of processes
- Modelling the Business Processes
- Documenting tasks
- Evaluating and improving Business Processes
- Transition from process modelling to requirements definition
- Requirements Engineering in context
- Requirements stakeholders and elicitation
- Organising and analysing requirements
- Use of models in requirements engineering
- Requirements documentation
- Requirements validation and management
Exams & Certification
The BCS Business Analysis Diploma is awarded following the successful completion of 2 core modules, 2 specialist modules and an Oral Examination.
Delegates will sit the following BCS exams:
- Business Analysis Practice (Core)
- Requirements Engineering (Core)
- Commercial Awareness or Business Change (Knowledge based specialism)
- Modelling Business Processes (Practitioner specialism)
A candidate will be awarded a Certificate for each and every module that they pass.
Once candidates have obtained the appropriate number of modules for a Diploma, they will be eligible to sit an oral examination. This does not form part of the 2 week course. The Oral will test the communication abilities of the candidate, their ability to apply knowledge to their own, or simulated, work environment.
- BCS Benefits Planning and Realisation
- BCS Business Analysis Diploma Fast Track
- BCS Business Analysis Foundation - Weekend
- BCS Business Analysis Practice & Modelling Business Processes Fast Track
- BCS Business Analysis Practice and Commercial Awareness Fast Track
- BCS Business Architecture
- BCS Requirements Engineering & Modelling Business Process Fast Track