The 3 day BCS Business Analysis Foundation course is appropriate for anyone requiring an understanding of Business Analysis including business analysts, system developers, business managers and their staff, business change managers and project managers.
It provides an introduction to all aspects of business analysis including appreciation of business situation, requirements engineering, business process modelling and managing benefits.
The BCS Foundation Certificate in Business Analysis is an optional module for the BCS Business Analysis Diploma.
This course was formerly known as the ISEB Foundation Certificate in Business Analysis
Bundle Offer BCS Business Analysis Diploma Bundles from £1,995 - More Details
This course will enable delegates to:
• Identify the role, responsibilities and competencies of a professional business analyst
• Understand what strategy is and why strategic analysis is important
• Identify the external and internal influences which affect a business.
• Take account of the perspectives of different stakeholders
• Practice a range of business and system investigation, analysis and modelling techniques
• Identify the benefits and disadvantages of different requirements elicitation techniques
• Learn the required stages for effective management of business change
• Understand the components of and evaluate improvements by means of a business case
• Prepare and sit the BCS Foundation Certificate in Business Analysis
There are no pre-requisites for studying this course or qualification.
Introduction to business analysis
The rationale for business analysis
The development of business analysis
The scope of business analysis
The responsibilities of a business analyst
Competencies of the business analyst
The Business Analysis Maturity Model
The competencies of a business analyst
Business strategy analysis
The strategic context
Strategic analysis techniques
The Business Analysis Process Model
The lifecycle for business analysis
Creative problem-solving approach
Stages of the process model
Deliverables and techniquesfor each stage
Interviewing and workshops
Scenarios and prototyping
Quantitative investigation techniques
Documenting the business situation
Stakeholder analysis and management
Modelling the business system
Soft systems methodology
Business activity models
Business events and business rules
Modelling business processes
Organisational view of processes
Value chain and value propositions
Business process modelling techniques
Improving business processes
Gathering the requirements
Requirements engineering framework
Actors in requirements engineering
Documenting and managing requirements
The requirements document
The requirements catalogue
Types of requirement
Delivering the requirements
Delivering the solution
Delivery lifecycles (waterfall, V model, incremental, iterative)
Making a business and financial case
The business case in the project lifecycle
Structure of a business case
Investment appraisal techniques
Realising the benefits
Implementing business change
The change management process
The emotional impact of change
Exams & Certification
This course prepares participants to sit the one-hour, multiple-choice examination leading to the Foundation Certificate in Business Analysis offered by the the British Computer Society (BCS).
The exam is taken on the final day of the course.
The Foundation Certificate qualifies as one of four required for those seeking the BCS Diploma in Business Analysis.
- BCS Business Analysis Foundation - Weekend
- BCS Business Analysis Foundation Online (inc. Exam)
- BCS Business Analysis Practice
- BCS Business Analysis Practice - Weekend
- BCS Foundation Certificate in Business Analysis Video Learning (inc. Exam)
- BCS Foundation in Business Analysis - Weekend
- BCS Requirements Engineering
You may prefer an online course if you are looking for a flexible and cost-effective solution. Online courses allow you to study at your own pace, at a time that suits you.
We have the following eLearning options available:
This accredited course will fully prepare you for the Foundation Certificate in Business Analysis from the British Computer Society (BCS). The exam is not included.Course Info
This video based course provides delegates with a 'whistle-stop tour' of the role of the Business Analyst who acts as the link between business needs, users and IT within change initiatives. This course uses examples and a simple case study introduces delegates to the contribution that a business analyst makes within a business. We also consider the tools and techniques available to Business Analysts to assist them in their role.Course Info
Virtual classrooms provide all the benefits of attending a classroom course without the need to arrange travel and accomodation. Please note that virtual courses are attended in real-time, commencing on a specified date.