New Course – Introduction to Practical Skills for Test Analysts
We are regularly asked for courses providing hands-on experience for test analysts and with this in mind we are pleased to have secured a new course, Introduction to Practical Skills for Test Analysts.
Based on industry best practice and experience of real-life examples of projects, this 4 day course expands on theory covered by the ISTQB Foundation course to provide delegates with practical experience of the activities undertaken by test analysts on typical (non-agile) projects.
By the end of the course, delegates will be confident in their ability to apply what they have learned to analyse business processes and system requirements, create and execute test scripts, log results and raise test incident reports for their project.
The course includes lectures, case studies and practical work, and uses a hands-on approach based on group exercises and discussions. It is highly-interactive, allowing attendees to learn from the experience of the instructor (and each other), and therefore each course is restricted to a maximum of 12 delegates.
Delegates will gain an understanding of:
- Test levels in the V model and how test objectives and conditions differ
- (Performance, Security and Usability)
- How to derive Test Conditions and Test Cases for System Testing (with practical exercise using Excel templates)
- How to document Test Scripts for System Testing (with practical exercise using Excel templates)
- How to identify Test Conditions and Test Cases for System Integration Testing
- How to derive Test Conditions, Test Cases and Test Scripts for UAT (with practical exercise using Excel templates)
- How to review business requirements (with practical exercise)
- How to undertake a Test Development Workshop for UAT (with practical exercise)
- How to prepare and prioritise tests based on risk (with practical exercise)
- How to execute tests and log results (with practical exercise using a web-based application and Excel templates)
- How to raise test incident reports (with practical exercise using a web-based defect management tool)
- How to understand and contribute to a Test Plan
- How to prepare a Test Report (with practical exercise)
Who is it for?
The course is principally aimed at those who are relatively new to the test analyst role who are working (or expecting to be working) in UAT or System Testing on projects using a traditional sequential development lifecycle.
There are no formal entry requirements for this course, but as the course focusses on practical techniques it would be beneficial if delegates have attended the ISTQB Foundation course prior to attending this course in order to gain awareness of the theoretical concepts being applied.
The course is highly interactive and the delegates will be expected to work as individuals and in teams to develop their answers to the exercises and present their team’s output to the group as well as taking part in group discussions.
We currently only have one date (30th May in London) for this course so book early to avoid disappointment – click here to see more
We also have a wide range of other Software Testing courses (including ISTQB Foundation – Software Testing) – Click to see our full range