The course builds on the DSDM approach and differs from other Agile training in that it places Agile within a comprehensive project cycle.
The objective is to enable delivery of Agile Projects in organisations requiring standards, rigour and visibility, while at the same time enabling the fast pace, change and empowerment provided by Agile.
Through examples and scenarios delivered by an experienced trainer, this course provides delegates with an understanding of how the Agile Project Management process can enable planning, management and control for predictable Agile project deliveries.
The training and exam format will be familiar to anyone who knows PRINCE2. Exams are taken as part of the training course. The Foundation element concentrates on ensuring basic understanding of concepts and terminology. The Practitioner element is more concerned with application to real life scenarios. Most delegates choose to take the combined Foundation and Practitioner course.
Project Managers, Team Leaders, Business Analysts, Scrum Masters, Solution Developers and Solution Testers.
It is well suited to those with previous qualifications such as Scrum, APM or PRINCE2.
• Understand the concepts, benefits and risks of Agile development
• Understand the philosophy, approach and principles of Agile project management
• Understand agile project management lifecycle and products
• Set up appropriate project teams
• Plan and run a facilitated workshop
• Model and prototype aspects of the solution
• Elicit, analyse, prioritise and manage requirements
• Create a timeboxed plan for a project
• Understand the importance of negotiation and collaboration
• Use their skills to set up and manage an Agile project
There are no pre-requisites but the course assumes that delegates will have some knowledge and experience of project management or software development.
Agile Project Management Fundamentals
• What is Agile Project Management?
• Benefits of Agile Project Management
• When to use Agile Project Management
• Preparing for a successful Agile project
• Agile Project Management Principles
The Agile Project Management Process
• Agile Project Management Framework
• Configuring the Agile Project Lifecycle
Work Products and Deliverables
• Management Products and Deliverables
• Business Work Products and Deliverables
• Technical Products and Deliverables
Agile Project Teams
• Agile Project Roles and Responsibilities
• Agile Project Team Empowerment
• Agile Project Team Structure
Agile Project Management Practices
• Facilitated Workshops
• MoSCoW Prioritisation
• Iterative Development
Project Management and Control
• Agile Planning
• Agile Risk Management
• Agile Estimating and Measurement
• Agile Configuration Management
Other Agile Project Management Concerns
• Agile Requirements (Functional and Nonfunctional Requirements)
• Agile Testing
• Quality Management and Quality Control
• Ensuring Maintainability and Scalability
Exams & Certification
Delegates sit a 1 hour multiple choice Agile Project Management Foundation paper on the 3rd day and on passing this are eligible to sit the 2 hour Practitioner Objective Test Examination on the final day of the course.
Both exams are set and administered by the APM Group (the same certification body as for PRINCE2 and ITIL).
Please note that some evening work is required on this course.
You may prefer an online course if you are looking for a flexible and cost-effective solution. Online courses allow you to study at your own pace, at a time that suits you.
We have the following eLearning options available:
This online learning solution provides all you need to achieve the AgilePM Foundation and Practitioner certificates from the APMG. Our combined Foundation and Practitioner course uses audio, interaction, exercises and quizzes to teach the essential components of agile project management. Exams are included.Course Info
This online learning solution provides all you need to achieve the AgilePM Foundation certificate from the APMG. Our Foundation course combines audio, interaction, exercises and quizzes to teach the essential components of agile project management. Exam Included.Course Info
Virtual classrooms provide all the benefits of attending a classroom course without the need to arrange travel and accomodation. Please note that virtual courses are attended in real-time, commencing on a specified date.